Directions to Point of Rocks RV Park
Coming to stay with us for a while? Our convenient Google Map will help you on your way. Please be sure to read our special instructions below the map for some helpful advice if you’re taking Route 89 from the South, or coming in on 89A from the North.
Coming from Phoenix
I-17 is the most efficient route to here from Phoenix.
- Go North on I-17
- Go West on Highway 69 (Cordes Junction is where the two highways intersect)
- Go North on Highway 89 about 4 miles. Our sign and entrance is a little ways north of milepost marker 316 and Watson Lake.
Coming from Sedona or Cottonwood
Highway 89A is not recommended for large trailers! Use the following directions for a large RV:
- Go East on either Highway 179 or Highway 260
- South on I-17
- West on Highway 169 (also known as Cherry Road)
- West on Highway 69
- Go approx. 4 miles North on Highway 89
- Look for our sign and entrance a little ways north of milepost 316 and Watson Lake
Coming from Wickenburg
Some People with large RV’s prefer to go through Skull Valley to avoid the tight curves on the two lane portion of Highway 89 South of Prescott. The following directions assume you want to do that:
- Go north from Wickenburg on Highway 89
- At milepost 289 turn left on Yavapai County Road #15. The sign at the junction will refer to that road both as Yavapai County Road #15 and as Thompson Road. After making the turn the name of the road you are on will almost immediately become Kirkland Valley Road instead of Thompson Road. Signs will still also say Yavapai County Road #15 in addition to the other name.
- Just past milepost 38 turn right at the stop sign onto Iron Springs Road. Signs will also refer to Iron Springs Road as Yavapai County Road #15. That road will take you to Skull Valley and on to Prescott.
- In Prescott turn left onto Willow Creek Road.
- Turn right onto Willow Lake Road.
- Turn Left onto Highway 89.
- After going a very short distance on Highway 89 turn right into our entrance.
Coming from Ashfork
Highway 89 from Ash Fork is a straight, level road that usually has light traffic.
- Go south on Highway 89
- Look for milepost marker 317. A short distance after turn left into our entrance when you see our sign.
Point of Rocks Campground is in Arizona, 4 miles north of Prescott on Highway 89, about halfway between milepost markers 316 and 317. The GPS coordinates are: N34°35.718′, W112°25.534′.